Friday 26 June 2015

Something Different 

Hello everyone, what a sunny day we have had (at last)!

I have a bit of a special share today.Special because it's a gift for a much loved friend of our whole family. I have known her since I was 17 & she was 19. That's 25 (cough, splutter) + years?

(Here are some pics, it wasn't easy to photograph with light reflecting but hope you like it)....




The original design comes from Beads Direct, seen in their gallery. I have never made a piece like this from scratch. Yes, every swarovski crystal flat back, bezel, clasp element & leather cord came in their own larger packs. Just a bit daunting? Lol. I would normally make a bracelet that can be for any size, a lot easier. This had to be made to her personal wrist size. I cannot tell you how many times I measured & then measured again before the final cut & glue!? Lol...
The hardest part after size was getting the central "flower" together as each element had to be put together then glued in place. If you are thinking of doing this kind of bracelet, have some nail varnish remover & cotton bud close by. Dip bud in a small amount of varnish, gently hold against metal only (it will tarnish leather cord if too much contact, trust me). This will remove any unwanted glue, should you slip a little bit. Of course I got it right first try..... NOT!

Yesterday a good friend (& trusted friend) described it as "timeless" & I was happy with that!
I want it to be versatile & to last without "going out of fashion". I truly hope I achieved somewhere close.
I did enjoy the challenge of making this, even if it may have caused a few choice words to come out (oops).
To top it off, I now have to make one for sis-in-law with a taupe colour cord. Yikes, It's her birthday on July 11th...
Wish me luck!
I always welcome your comments & thoughts. Is there anything you would prefer to see or read? Can't promise I'll oblige with everything but if it's doable, I will definitely do my best.  Any questions, I will TRY to answer.
Thank you very much for visiting, still getting used to blogging & couldn't do it without you. Enjoy your creativity! See you next time, I hope?

13 comments:

Unknown said...

Fabulous blog post my friend. Entertaining as well as showing your your lovely bracelet - I'll not repeat myself, suffice to say Yay you !!

Melissa Larson said...

Nothing I would change here!! It is gorgeous and awesome!

Melissa Larson said...

Nothing I would change here!! It is gorgeous and awesome!

Caroline said...

& Yay you!! Thank you, glad you like post. I wasn't going for entertainment but what a great bonus?!! Thank you for help, lending me words & constant support!

Caroline said...

Aww, that's a wonderful thing to say! Thank you, Melissa! C

Wilma Voermans said...

Wow caroline, your creativity with jewelry is amazing !!! You should start a little shop with them.
LOVE this , so define !

Caroline said...

Wow, Wilma? That is a huge compliment!!! Not sure I am quite ready for that but a really flattering thing to read, nonetheless. (Tell you what, I'll move to Switzerland & we can open a joint shop? Lol). Blessings to you, Thanks so much! :))

Unknown said...

You're very welcome!

Unknown said...

You're very welcome!

Maremi's Small Art said...

Such a beautiful gift, so so beautiful <3

Caroline said...

I am really chuffed you like it, Marta! Definitely a different piece for me to do. Thank you as always! C

misty said...

I'm never on blogger because I can't seem to make comments from my phone but I'm actually at the computer right now so I get to come and tell you how awesome this is! Truly Beautiful!

Caroline said...

I know I thanked you via another part of cyberspace but I do say I'll answer every comment?
You are such a star, Misty, always. Thank you very muchly & indeedily! ^°^