Saturday 11 July 2015

Yet Another Challenge 

Hello to you all! Hoping you have had a good day....
Just to warn you, it's very late & I am rather tired. So I may go on a bit (not like me at all of course).
I am entering another challenge. Yay!! My next personal one will be to get my entry in earlier than 2 hrs to go? It hasn't been a good day for uploading pictures is all I'll say. If it wasn't for my fave place, I may have let it pass me by. 
I also had problems with my canvas. Understatement! I won't bore you with it all.. "Phew!" I hear you cry....
The challenge is from Artist Trading Post & it is to use Crafter's Workshop stencils. Easy right? You would think so. I thought so when I began 2 weeks ago. Essentially my texture paste wasn't thick enough & so some can't be seen too well now. There are layers & layers & layers.... you get the idea.... of acrylic paint, inks, gelatos & gesso (some to redo certain areas). Anyway, for the stenciling, I switched to embossing paste for some parts & used acrylic black paint for others. The only other things to tell you (the pictures are self explanatory ) is there is glossy accents over my butterflies. Hope you can see it, I did like how colours underneath intensified. The cherubs are from a beautiful napkin.
The other challenge, for me, is to link to stencils I used. I have decided to show pictures (quite a few. I luurvve texture). I will then put links underneath. I hope, lol....
I should also add this was not as I had planned but creativity takes us in different directions, doesn't it?.








There are more pics but don't want to bombard you. As you can tell is some stenciled areas are less pronounced. I quite like that!? 

The 2 stencils I used are Mini Layered Beads (Balzer Designs) & Mini Butterfly Collage (TCW).
You can find them here & here
I do hope you enjoyed my ramblings & my canvas. I should end by explaining, the lightbulb is an ironic symbol. I missed that "lightbulb" moment? It made sense in my "mixed up" head.....

Thank you so much, please leave a comment, I do so enjoy reading your thoughts!! Until next time, take care x

26 comments:

Wilma Voermans said...

looks great Caroline! I like you mixed the colors without making mud! And the shine on the butterfly, so beautiful....Have a great sunday!

Shilpa Nagaonkar said...

Fabulous texture Caroline, love it, beautiful color choice.

Unknown said...

It may not have gone the way you wanted but you have ended up with a great canvas. The word that popped into my mind at first glance was 'abstract' - whether by design or accident, you have created a lovely vibrant blended background.
Well done for achieving that part without it turning 'muddy'.
Your photography has picked up the glossy accents on the butterflies, with the texture paste, that detail is gorgeous!
This is a lovely canvas Caroline and without a doubt, it deserves a place in that challenge x

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Renje said...

I like it, the colors are great and there is a lot of texture, and I love that!!

Maremi's Small Art said...

Oh wowwe Caroline you are surprising me this is such a fantastic piece. Love the colours mix all perfectly blended! You have not forgot about the textures and shine. Adore the side of your canvas showing the stencilling. Cute butterfly is like icing on the cake. Hugs xx

Kasia Krzymińska said...

What a gorgeous work! Thank you so much for sharing and entering our challenge. And for your sweet comment on my blog! I'm very happy you like my canvas :)

Caroline said...

Hey, Wilma. Acrylic paints saved me from mud, I think, lol. It was hard to capture butterflies on camera so it's very kind of you to notice. Thank you for your lovely comment! C

Caroline said...

How kind of you to visit, Shilpa, what a great comment too (texture is my fave thing). Thank you so much! C

Caroline said...

Aww, Deborah, you are amazing with your comments & support. This was hard to photograph so thank you for noticing details. You're a star! C

Caroline said...

Renje, it's wonderful of you to come by & your comment is really kind. Thank you so much! C

Caroline said...

Marta, you always leave such brilliant feedback. I'm glad you like my canvas, I think the sides are better in places than the front, lol. Thank you very much for your support again! C

Caroline said...

Kasia, your style is fab, your canvas is so cool. I am really grateful for your comment on mine, it was tough to photograph. Thank so much! C

misty said...

I love different degree's of texture. It think it makes it look more organic! Once again you have created another work of art! <3

Win Dinn, Artist said...

Loving all that wonderful texture, Caroline - beautiful layers! Thanks for popping by my blog to say hello and comment - lovely to see you there!

Caroline said...

Sorry for such late reply, did spk to you elsewhere? You always say such cool stuff in your comments, organic is definitely how my stuff gets to where it ends up, lol.... Ty so much!

Caroline said...

Your blog is a treasure trove, seriously don't know how you achieve so many wicked pieces? Ty so much for visiting my little place, hoping one day it'll be as full as yours. Glad you like the texture & layers!

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

Simply gorgeous, Caroline!! I just adore all the textures you've created!! Thanks also for your delightful comments on my Seaglass Jars!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

Unknown said...

Oh wow! Love all that texture you have going and the colours are just gorgeous....how do you get them to blend so well? Kimi xx

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

This looks great Caroline! Loving all those textures, especially the cheese cloth, if that's what it is.

Claire said...

Wow this is really beautiful, gorgeous colours and I love all the texture. I've replied to your comment over on We Love 2 Create but I'm not sure if it emails you to let you know so I thought I'd pop over to your blog just in case. I'm pleased I did as your artwork is fabulous. You don't have to use PanPastels to join in the challenge, you can use paints, inks or whatever you fancy
happy crafting
Claire xx

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

Wow, such a gorgeous canvas with amazing textures and beautiful colors!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

Melissa Larson said...

Beautiful design, colors, and textures!

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

This is fabulous... You really need to blog more often..
Wishing you a fabulous weekend & BIG Creative HUGS Tracey x

Caroline said...

Oh My Goodness! How amazing are YOU? Gosh, I'm humbled & a little bit shocked by your visit & comment. Thank you SO muchly, Tracey! Your heart from current challenge (That's Crafty) is one of my favourites, along with Donna's.
I Can't believe this canvas was nearly 3 years ago (I actually dislike it immensely, sshh, lol).
As for blogging more, I do think about it. It's quite time consuming when all you have is a dodgy phone. I'm also too infrequent, creatively. As well as these excuses, technology now allows us to easily to leave projects, elsewhere. I think peeps would be aghast if I suddenly started up again! Wow, still getting head around your kindness & encouragement?! Hope you are having a creative weekend, take care & again, my THANKS😮😁

Caroline said...

Please excuse typos😉